- are accurate, strong visual tools
- are user-friendly and easy to understand
- provide insight into local communities from their perspective
- allow communities to see issues they face in a larger context
- enable systematic understanding of a problem in spatial and temporal dimensions
- can be used as an advocacy tool by local communities
This course covers the principles of using technology effectively in community development, and uses examples and case studies to illustrate successful technology implementations.